FFAA is seeking a Development Manager to start by March of 2019. The Development Manager should be an individual deeply committed to advancing LGBTQ equality and LGBTQ nondiscrimination protections, as well as someone comfortable working independently in a remote work environment. The right candidate will bring humor, grit, joy, and high standards to their work - understanding how details, operations, and philanthropic-stakeholder engagement contribute to FFAA/EF’s mission and vision.
The Development Manager is responsible for providing donor engagement and development support across the organization.
The Development Manager reports to the VP of Development and will interface closely with the CEO, Director of Corporate Engagement, Administrative & Development Manager, and grant writer. People of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and gender diverse people; women; and people of all political backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the VP of Development with donor engagement, including: coordinate the production of print communications, manage event productions and logistics for major donor events, and implement digital and print communications to our donor community.
- Support the VP of Development with the expansion of our individual giving program, including: conduct donor research; support staff and board with relationship development, portfolio management, and data entry; and, coordinate and implement digital and direct mail campaigns.
- Support the VP of Development and grant writer with corporate and foundation relationships, including: management of the corporate and foundation grant calendar for timely submission of proposals and materials, compile proposal assets, and coordinate recognition and engagement.
- Work with the Administrative and Development Manager to process all individual, corporate, and foundation contributions and grants and coordinate financial data with Finance & Operations staff; and, print and send charitable gift receipts/acknowledgement letters on a weekly basis.
- Work with the Administrative and Development Manager to coordinate biographical and contact information data maintenance, including: maintain the donor records and ensure clean and accurate sharing between databases; and, generate donor imports, exports, and reports.
- Support staff as needed in executing programmatic priorities by providing logistical support and planning for internal and programmatic events.
- Assist CEO and VP of Development with copy editing of reports, distribution of meeting materials, note taking and follow up for Development Committee meetings, and the development and implementation of the annual Development work plan.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Be deeply committed to advancing LGBTQ equality and nondiscrimination protections.
- Have a combination of 2-5 years of general nonprofit, public education, advocacy and/or campaign development experience and LGBTQ movement work.
- Be extremely detail oriented, responsive, organized, communicative, and flexible.
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, including prioritizing appropriately and tracking and reporting progress internally and to funders.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Have experience and comfort working with basic technology, including Microsoft, online communications tools, and databases such as Salesforce, DonorPerfect, and Blue State Digital.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, campaign environment.
- Adapt to a quickly changing landscape.
- Simultaneously work independently and collaboratively in a team-based remote environment with minimal supervision.
- Be able to travel frequently and work remotely.
LOCATION AND TRAVEL
This is a remote position that can be based anywhere in the U.S. Candidates must be able to work from home and feel comfortable frequently engaging with colleagues and partners by phone, video conference, email, and other digital communications tools.
This position requires significant travel, including at least 2 staff retreats, ad hoc organizational meetings, movement gatherings, fundraising events, and more.
FFAA will provide all of the tools necessary to succeed in this position.
FFAA provides a competitive benefits package, including: health care, dental, vision, 401K, generous vacation, and paid sick time.